Re: GitHub Open Source Survey 2017

On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 07:52:57PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 06:23:30PM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> >  * Documentation is highly valued, frequently overlooked, and a
> >    means for establishing inclusive and accessible communities.
>
> Debian gets this. It's relatively well documented.

That is, that we do lack documentation?

It's indeed one of bigger problems -- especially that it's not fun to fix.

> >  * Open source is the default when choosing software.
>
> Tell me again, what part of closed source software is part of Debian
> main? :)

Well, there's that sophistry that "non-free is not a part of Debian".  Or
that you can sanely run x86 without at least {intel,amd64}-microcode.  Or,
on most laptops, wifi firmware.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ A tit a day keeps the vet away.