Re: Debian contributor Register of Interests

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 10:10:39PM +0200, Philip Hands wrote:
> Also, I suspect that anyone that might be tempted to misbehave as a
> result of CoI will not have filled in their entry anyway, which makes me
> wonder what useful purpose this could serve beyond a virtue signalling
> opportunity.

I usually see "virtue signalling" used pejoratively but that accurately
describes my motivations, at least. The intention is simply transparency,
and some of the (limited) feedback I've seen from the wider Debian community
suggests that this has been well received in some quarters. Having said that,
I appreciate the robust discussion in this thread and there's definitely more
refinement to do.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland