Re: Debian contributor Register of Interests

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> writes:
> On May 10 2017, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

>> and no conclusions should ever be drawn from it?

> I don't think anyone has said that.

Quoting from the originally proposed wiki page:

| The following people have added themselves to this list. No-one should
| assume that the presence or absence of a person from this list implies
| any conflict of interest or misconduct within Debian.

I'm agnostic on the merits of collecting this data -- I can see both
sides.  But I think the above paragraph is unrealistic, and if we want
that paragraph to be true, we should not gather the data in the first
place.