Re: contacting Debian is too easy to get wrong

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>
> > Yes. This would be great. An online form, that anyone could use to ask a
> > question would be nice.
>
> We already have places to ask questions but people don't know how to
> find the right one. The service or web page I proposed would only be
> about finding the right place to ask.

Why don't we merge www.debian.org/support and www.debian.org/contact
into a single, question oriented page, with more detail on subsequent
pages.

Something like:

1. I want to report a bug in Debian --> www.debian.org/Bugs/reporting
2. I need help installing and using Debian --> www.debian.org/support
3. I want to help Debian --> www.debian.org/devel/join
4. I'm a reporter and want to contact Debian --> press@debian.org
5. I'm unsure who to contact at Debian --> debian@debian.org

and allow any DD to be on the debian@debian.org alias (or have a web
form or whatever).

Don Armstrong's approach may be a good first solution.
An "I need Help" (not convinced by this title ! ) section in the Debian Home page could ease user's life.