Re: contacting Debian is too easy to get wrong
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> > Yes. This would be great. An online form, that anyone could use to ask a
> > question would be nice.
> We already have places to ask questions but people don't know how to
> find the right one. The service or web page I proposed would only be
> about finding the right place to ask.
Why don't we merge www.debian.org/support and www.debian.org/contact
into a single, question oriented page, with more detail on subsequent
1. I want to report a bug in Debian --> www.debian.org/Bugs/reporting
2. I need help installing and using Debian --> www.debian.org/support
3. I want to help Debian --> www.debian.org/devel/join
4. I'm a reporter and want to contact Debian --> firstname.lastname@example.org
5. I'm unsure who to contact at Debian --> email@example.com
and allow any DD to be on the firstname.lastname@example.org alias (or have a web
form or whatever).
Don Armstrong https://www.donarmstrong.com
More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.
One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.
The other, to total extinction.
Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
-- Woody Allen