Re: Publicly-readable list for only DDs and DMs to post to

Clint Adams <clint@debian.org> writes:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 03:17:20PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> It's important in order to make the project feel more welcoming and open.

> I bet that's truer than you think it is.

It's possible for it to be both true and ironic at the same time.  :)

Also, part of what makes being more welcoming and open hard is that
different people find different things welcoming and open.  There are some
obvious basic ground rules (treat everyone decently, don't be
exclusionary), but when it comes to preferences on chatty versus on-topic,
people vary.  A lot.