Re: public stats about posts in -private

Daniel Pocock dijo [Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 09:36:52PM +0200]:
> > On 2016-07-18 18:21, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> >> There are some things on -private that could be summarized with
> >> statistics publicly, e.g. the reasons people give when they retire from
> >> the project (X% cited reason A, Y% cited reason B, ...)
> >>
> >> Is there any consensus on whether deriving anonymous statistics from
> >> debian-private is acceptable?
> >
> > Acceptable, perhaps, but almost certainly not worth anybody's actual time.
>
> Comments people make about reasons for retiring could provide meaningful
> background data when considering the impact of future decisions.

As one of the people who track retirement messages (as keyring-maint
often does the first steps of the retirement process, and pass the
ticket on to other groups later on), I agree with Jonathan. By far,
the most often cited reason is "I have no time nor motivation to do
this properly anymore" or some variation on it. Real (that is,
analyzable) reasons are almost never even mentioned.