testing is a tool for the release team (Re: third-party packages adding apt sources

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 02:40:56PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> This behavious may be useful for a development platform, but for an end
> user this is just inacceptable.

This is why we keep saying that testing is a tool for the release team
and not a suite ment for users.

Despite that it is suitable for many users most of the time ;-)

Unstable is another suite which is very usuable for many users most of
the time, yet we only advertise it to be used by developers who can live
with breakage.

The release team needs testing. If anybody else needs a similar suite but
slightly different, go create it. It's not that this cannot be done, it
"just" needs *someone* to *do* it.

I wouldn't want us to break the release teams tool, releasing Debian is
hard enough already.

--
cheers,
	Holger