Re: Debian Project Contribution - Sheetal

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 4:48 AM, sheetal shalini wrote:

> Hi, My name is Sheetal and I am doing my Btech 2nd year. I am keenly
> interested in contributing to your organization, by taking up open source
> projects.

Excellent!

> I know C++, C, Python, HTML, CSS, JS, Django. I use Ubuntu OS. I have
> knowledge of Web and Android App Development, and I am currently developing
> tools for an open Source Software. My knowledge in this regard will
> definitely be useful in contributing to your Project.

C/C++:

You could work on core tools like dpkg, apt etc.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Apt

There are a lot of other packages written in C/C++ too.

Python:

A lot of Debian infrastructure is written in Python.

There is a team that packages Python modules and Python based apps.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam

HTML/CSS:

The Debian website uses WML/HTML/CSS:

http://www.debian.org/devel/website/

Django:

A lot of Debian web services use Django, for example:

https://nm.debian.org/
https://tracker.debian.org/
http://debtags.debian.net/
https://sso.debian.org/
http://ddtp.debian.net/
https://summit.debconf.org/
https://contributors.debian.org/

Android:

You might want to help out Debian's Android tools team, who are
packaging the Android SDK and related tools for Debian:

https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools

> Please assign me a suitable task. I am ready to give more than 8 hrs every
> week for it.

If you want a specific task, it would be great if you could work on
the tracker.debian.org website. It is written in Python and uses the
Django framework. The list of tasks for the tracker.d.o website and
instructions for contributing are here:

https://bugs.debian.org/tracker.debian.org
https://tracker.debian.org/docs/contributing.html

If you would like to hear other ways to help Debian, here is our list:

http://www.debian.org/intro/help

--
bye,
pabs