Re: "Do you want to mount the drive, 'cancel' or 'allow'?"

Marcin Wolcendorf writes (""Do you want to mount the drive, 'cancel' or 'allow'?""):
> Now, I know, Mr. P [rude rant snipped]

This is not really polite or helpful.

> So - so long, Debian, sad to see you go down that way.

And it's not accurate, either.  You can run jessie perfectly fine
without systemd (and without policykit getting in the way of mounting
SD cards or whatever).  I'm doing that on my own netbook and
everything works fine for me.  I use mount(8)'s user mount support;
there may be other options.

While my init systems diversity GR was defeated, the vote showed that
30% of the voting DDs felt that viability of Debian-without-systemd
was important.  That's plenty of effort to keep our options open.

If you don't like systemd or policykit, why are you running them ?
You don't have to take the defaults in Debian - indeed that has always
been one of Debian's key strengths.

And you find that something doesn't work the way it should, you should
file bugs (nice friendly bugs) and write patches, not flounce off in a
huff.

Ian.