Re: The proper place to announce GRs (was Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?))

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 03:46:57PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 03:30:54PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> > This isn't something that's happened in the past, what's announced is a)
> > that a GR process has started, b) the various CfVs, and c) the results.
> >
> > I'd be wary about spamming d-d-a every time there's a new
> > amendment/adjustment to an amendment etc
>
> Sorry for not being clear. I wasn't advocating for that; I want what you
> describe as a) above.

Ok, cool, that's what happens now[0]. What /doesn't/ happen is that a d-d-a
post is sent out when an initial proposal is sent, but hasn't had
sufficient seconds to be accepted as a valid GR.

> > What's the actual issue that we're trying to solve here? eg: why aren't
> > people subscribing to -vote? Would a -vote-discuss or -vote-announce
> > make more sense?
>
> DDs missing a GR by not reading -vote. Since we mandate subscription to
> d-d-a, I felt that a "GR process has started" announcement to that list
> was the cleanest solution.

Sure - that makes sense when we're got a vote coming up. That doesn't
solve the problem of people being unable to get enough seconds, but I'm
also not sure if it's the secretary's job to help with that. :)

Neil

[0] And since 2009. It didn't happen for one in 2008, because I forgot
to do it as there was 7 amendments and I was also trying to get a
release out.