Re: The proper place to announce GRs (was Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?))

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 03:30:54PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> This isn't something that's happened in the past, what's announced is a)
> that a GR process has started, b) the various CfVs, and c) the results.
>
> I'd be wary about spamming d-d-a every time there's a new
> amendment/adjustment to an amendment etc

Sorry for not being clear. I wasn't advocating for that; I want what you
describe as a) above.

> What's the actual issue that we're trying to solve here? eg: why aren't
> people subscribing to -vote? Would a -vote-discuss or -vote-announce
> make more sense?

DDs missing a GR by not reading -vote. Since we mandate subscription to
d-d-a, I felt that a "GR process has started" announcement to that list
was the cleanest solution.

--
Jonathan Dowland