Re: The proper place to announce GRs (was Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?))

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 03:12:35PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> Dear Kurt,
>
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 09:17:27AM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > If on -vote the required amount of seconds have been reached, I
> > will announce that the GR process has been sarted on
> > debian-devel-announce.
>
> This is now the case for one GR and one GR amendement. There may
> be further amendments. Would you be prepared to post an announcement
> to d-d-a?

This isn't something that's happened in the past, what's announced is a)
that a GR process has started, b) the various CfVs, and c) the results.

I'd be wary about spamming d-d-a every time there's a new
amendment/adjustment to an amendment etc, they can get quite...
commplex. See https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/03/msg00159.html
for example.

Additionally, it's considerable work to set up a vote page on www.d.o -
the current one took me about two hours. It would be good if there was a
way of avoiding having to do that just to announce something to d-d-a.

What's the actual issue that we're trying to solve here? eg: why aren't
people subscribing to -vote? Would a -vote-discuss or -vote-announce
make more sense?

Neil