Re: CoC / procedural abuse

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:13:55PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> I generally don't place specific time limits, because I don't believe
> in punitive action...

Mhhhh, I'd consider a ban without length limitation is way more punitive
than, say, an x-weeks ban, both being more severe than a warning. The
escalation (warning, temporary ban, perma-ban) is what I am used to in
most forums/irc channels (and it works quite well).

Would you consider this sensible approach for Debian MLs?