Re: CoC / procedural abuse

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> However it does presume some statute of limitation on ban length.
> Don's message earlier in this thread does not indicate any particular
> ban length in this particular case. It's not clear to me whether this
> is an indefinite ban, or one subject to review, and in the latter
> case, whether the ban period is deliberately non-disclosed (and I can
> see the reasoning for that too, if that's the case, but I don't know
> that it is).

I personally don't have a problem removing bans once someone indicates
that they understand why the ban was put in place, and that they are
going to avoid that behavior in the future. I generally don't place
specific time limits, because I don't believe in punitive action... and
also because I'm lazy, and I don't want to promise that I will remember
to remove a ban at a specific time without being prompted.

The whole purpose of bans and warnings is to stop unwelcome behavior on
Debian infrastructure.

The computer allows you to make mistakes faster than any other
invention, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila
 -- Mitch Ratcliffe