Re: CoC / procedural abuse

Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org> writes:

> Alright. Thank you. I would like to see some public process for review
> machinery, and I'd like to see a requirement that rather than "no
> objections" there be a quorum for a banning decision, but that these
> actions are recorded in debian-private seems sufficient.

For the record, we as a project previously discussed and rejected those
approaches to bans.  I think there's general consensus that we'd much
rather the listmasters just take care of it and only get other people
involved if there are objections.

Being banned from mailing lists is not exactly a major penalty or massive
interference with someone's life, nor does it cause immediate harm, so
having an after-the-fact appeal process seems sufficient.