Re: Code of Conduct violations handling process

On 2014-09-04 17:40, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> In conclusion, I think we should stop building administrative procedures
> to enforce the CoC but start integrating it as a part of our collective
> and individual responsibilities as Debian events attendees; there's
> antiharassment@ for the upper tier of violations. We should stop seeing
> the CoC as ways to restrain others, but rather as a set of tools to
> collectively make our conferences better places to be. We can all make
> this happen without layers of appeal bodies.

To me, this is the best contribution yet to this thread. It makes clear
that change is happening, but acknowledges that change does not happen
over night, no matter how much we would like that to be the case. It
frames the problem not as a constraint, but as a positive goal we all
can subscribe to no matter what, and the CoC merely as one tool along
that way.