Re: Code of Conduct violations handling process

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> writes:
> On 09/03/2014 07:21 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> What case?  Ian raised a bunch of general questions about how we plan
>> on enforcing our CoC, with no reference to any specific incident.  You
>> seem to be convinced that this is about some specific incident and,
>> further, about forcing some specific action about that specific
>> incident, but so far as I can tell, this belief on your part is not
>> based on anything that's been said in this mailing list.

> Hmm, how can you argue this with the statement that we should not invite
> Linus on future conferences?

That was not a statement that anyone has made on this mailing list.

> True, but it's also unfair to dismiss the specific case because you want
> to take it broader.

No specific case was raised on this mailing list.

I realize that we're not particularly good about this, but in this case I
think it is particularly important to be clear about what discussion we're
having, and where, to avoid making rash statements in places where they
are not constructive and to be certain about exactly what topic we, as a
project, want to discuss.