Re: Code of Conduct violations handling process

Piotr Ożarowski writes ("Re: Code of Conduct violations handling process"):
> Some people want(ed) to codify in CoC other political correctness
> "things" that I don't agree with. I like our current CoC and I don't
> want to change it.

Neil Gaiman writes:

  I was reading a book (about interjections, oddly enough) yesterday
  which included the phrase `In these days of political correctness...'
  talking about no longer making jokes that denigrated people for their
  culture or for the colour of their skin. And I thought, `That's not
  actually anything to do with `political correctness'. That's just
  treating other people with respect.'

  Which made me oddly happy. I started imagining a world in which we
  replaced the phrase `politically correct' wherever we could with
  `treating other people with respect', and it made me smile.

  You should try it. It's peculiarly enlightening.

  I know what you're thinking now. You're thinking `Oh my god, that's
  treating other people with respect gone mad!'

  Happy Valentine's Day.

http://neil-gaiman.tumblr.com/post/43087620460/i-was-reading-a-book-about-interjections-oddly