Re: Debian services and Debian infrastructure

Given that, in [3], I wrote:
| As you know, Amazon provides Debian with free credits on the
| AWS Cloud. Those credits are normally used for archive rebuilds, but
| have already been used by a GSOC project (PTS rewrite), and more
| recently, to start work on an archive-wide autopkgtest setup. A few more
| virtual machines could be accomodated, and I will investigate if we
| could extend that even more. Also, codesearch.d.n is hosted on
| Rackspace's Cloud[1]. I will also follow up on that.

I think that I informed the project that I would explore opportunities
to host services in development using free resources provided by public
clouds.

So, we can bikeshed for a long time over whether free credits on public
Clouds are machines that must be managed by DSA. And we should probably
throw in the discussion the AWS credits donated to Debian (see [1]) --
however I'm surprised that this comes up now when we have had such credits
since 2011[2].

Or, we could try to get constructive, and get things done. I had never
planned to keep the management of this in DPL-dom, and even asked DSA in
[3] if you would like to manage those resources. My second-choice would
have been to build a small team to do the tasks listed in [4]. But if
DSA would like to do those tasks, I'm super-happy to hand them over to
you. My question from [3] on whether you would like to be in charge of
that still stands, and I was planning to get back to you about it once I
had clarified if it was possible to get such a scheme set up with Cloud
providers. So, just let me know.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/12/msg00003.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2011/11/msg00001.html
[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2014/01/msg00010.html