Re: Please update the DSA delegation

Tollef Fog Heen writes ("Re: Please update the DSA delegation"):
> I would prefer if we could just self-manage and not have even more
> process around routine changes.  Debian generally has more than its
> share of process already and we should not actively work towards adding
> more formalism and red tape.

I agree.  And this is how things have been done in the past, de facto,
whether or not the formal process has been followed.

Where teams have had problems, it generally hasn't been that they have
been appointing inappropriate people.  It has been that they have been
too slow to train up and admit new members.  More bureaucracy in
appointments doesn't help IMO.

Ian.