Re: Please update the DSA delegation

Le Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 01:35:38AM +0000, Ian Jackson a écrit :

> But the main point here is that the team should normally be able to
> manage its membership directly.  That's how these things have often
> been done (sometimes with no explicit DPL rubber stamp, even).

I think that we need both.  While the DPL is not the best person to bring new
members to the team, it is the best person to ensure that the team does not
accumulate too many inactive or barely active members.  I think that such teams
are dysfunctional, because they look overstaffed while at the same time they
suffer from the lack of manpower.  Also, the presence of old-timers who have
just enough time to press the stop button from time to time but no time for
the grunt work can be quite intimidating.

If membership is fluid, there is no need to keep a title just in case, and I
would prefer the DPL to be actively questionning memberships each time the
delegation is renewed.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy