Re: Please update the DSA delegation

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 01:15:58AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> [...]
> For a team which is functioning well, it would be
> helpful if the DPL delegated to the team the authority over its own
> composition, explicitly reserving the right to intervene.
> [...]

If I remember my Debian Constitution correctly, the DPL can delegate
*developers* to preform actions they would otherwise preform, or make
decisions the DPL can't directly.

I think the only "legal" way to do this would be to delegate a developer
on that team the ability to re-delegate members of a team (e.g. you
can't delegate the team, you'd have to delegate a person to delegate the
team)

On a related note, I think I've set the record for "delegate" / email content
to date with this email.

As for if Lucas wants to do this (nay, if this is even a good idea) is
something left to the reader, I think.

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87