Re: Generation of FOAF profiles for all package maintaines (POC)

Quoting Olivier Berger (2013-02-21 21:12:57)
> Hi.
>
> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
>

> >> <http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs#project>
> >>     schema:contributor [
> >>       a foaf:Agent ;
> >>       foaf:name "Jonas Smedegaard" ;
> >>       foaf:account [
> >>          a foaf:OnlineAccount ;
> >>          foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dr@jones.dk> ;
> >>          owl:sameAs <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/dr%40jones.dk#account>
> >>       ] ;
> >>       owl:sameAs <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/dr%40jones.dk#agent>
> >>     ] ;
> >
> > Looks almost correct now - with the exception of my original key
> > point: You still declare above that the Agent by name "Jonas
> > Smedegaard" is an account.
> >

> Well, no. I'm saying that the Agent named "Jonas Smedegaard" *has* an
> account. foaf:account is the replacing foaf:holdsAccount, it seems
> (see http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_holdsAccount).

Indeed - I stand corrected.

I admit that I didn't read the spec, just blindly assumed foaf:account
being a superclass of foaf:onlineAccount.  I do feel it is a confusing
name they picked, but whatever.

> > I believe changing line 5 to foaf:holdsAccount makes it semanticly
> > correct.
> >

> >> Note that compared to your example, I've put a foaf:name instead of
> >> the account's accountName (which, in webid.debian.net, is the
> >> email).
> >
> > Well, an accountName is a unique identifier, whereas a name is not.
> >

> Hence, the unicity, on webid.debian.net of the foaf:accountName of the
> OnlineAccounts (since it is the email) whereas the foaf:name of the
> Agent allows homonymy.
>
> So I hope these RDF representations will semantically correct now.
>
> Tell me if I've overlooked details and made a mistake.

This part is no error (as far as I can see), just a possible weakness.

I believe the semantics are correct now.

> P.S.: there's apparently a bug in that
> <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/dr%40jones.dk#agent>'s
> foaf:firstName is 'Maintainer:' :-/ ... will see if I can spot the
> culprit perl code ;)

Perl code? Where?  Perhaps I can help...

I looked very briefly at a single git commit you referred to, but was
immediately scared off by a pile of XSLT.

 - Jonas