Re: Generation of FOAF profiles for all package maintaines (POC)

Hi.

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

>> <http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs#project>
>>     schema:contributor [
>>       a foaf:Agent ;
>>       foaf:name "Jonas Smedegaard" ;
>>       foaf:account [
>>          a foaf:OnlineAccount ;
>>          foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dr@jones.dk> ;
>>          owl:sameAs <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/dr%40jones.dk#account>
>>       ] ;
>>       owl:sameAs <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/dr%40jones.dk#agent>
>>     ] ;
>
> Looks almost correct now - with the exception of my original key point:
> You still declare above that the Agent by name "Jonas Smedegaard" is an
> account.

Well, no. I'm saying that the Agent named "Jonas Smedegaard" *has* an
account. foaf:account is the replacing foaf:holdsAccount, it seems (see
http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_holdsAccount).

> I believe changing line 5 to foaf:holdsAccount makes it semanticly
> correct.
>

>> Note that compared to your example, I've put a foaf:name instead of
>> the account's accountName (which, in webid.debian.net, is the email).
>
> Well, an accountName is a unique identifier, whereas a name is not.

Hence, the unicity, on webid.debian.net of the foaf:accountName of the
OnlineAccounts (since it is the email) whereas the foaf:name of the
Agent allows homonymy.

So I hope these RDF representations will semantically correct now.

Tell me if I've overlooked details and made a mistake.

Best regards,

P.S.: there's apparently a bug in that
<http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/dr%40jones.dk#agent>'s
foaf:firstName is 'Maintainer:' :-/ ... will see if I can spot the
culprit perl code ;)
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8