Re: Generation of FOAF profiles for all package maintaines (POC) - Was: Re: Feedback on your Whois system proposal

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

> Quoting Olivier Berger (2013-02-13 23:01:27)
>> > Oh, and I forgot that I had added to
>> > http://people.debian.org/~obergix/ a link (<link rel="meta"
>> > type="application/rdf+xml" title="FOAF" ...) to my "Debian FOAF
>> > profile" : <http://people.debian.org/~obergix/foaf.rdf>
>
> In your personal foaf.ttl file you state that not you but your Debian
> account is contributor to your packages.  That seems wrong to me.

Well... that's the way I've implemented the RDF spit by the PTS, so
far. For example (excerpt from http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/cdbs.ttl):

<http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs#project>
    doap:name "Debian cdbs packaging" ;
    doap:description "Maintenance of the cdbs source package in Debian" ;
    doap:homepage <http://packages.debian.org/src:cdbs> ;
    doap:homepage <http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs> ;
    schema:contributor [
      a foaf:OnlineAccount ;
      foaf:accountName "Jonas Smedegaard" ;
      foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dr@jones.dk>
    ] ;
    a admssw:SoftwareProject .

The OnlineAccount blank node being ready to be replaced by
<http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/js#account> any time soon.

Thus I'm able to distinguish those you upload as dr@jones.dk from those
as js@debian.org : 2 distinct OnlineAccount resources who may happen to
belong (foaf:account) to the same Person
<http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/js>.

Btw, I had just added that too to webid.debian.net :
 <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/8fb5238859d200bb4e1de91964c58d779f04a913#agent>
    foaf:account <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/8fb5238859d200bb4e1de91964c58d779f04a913#account> ;
    a foaf:Person .

 <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/8fb5238859d200bb4e1de91964c58d779f04a913#account>
    a foaf:OnlineAccount .

My idea (already mentioned in the thread I think) is to distinguish
contributions made by the same person but under different hats, for
instance as an employee or a hobbyist.

This philosophic distinction between Person and OnlineAccount may be
nitpicking, but on the other hand, as Debian doesn't enforce the use of
a unique email for all of one person's contributions, I preferred to
model in such a way...
It could be collapsed but we may loose some information... I guess it
would make things easier for implementors to have less links to
explore... but there ain't much complains yet ;)

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER