Re: Generation of FOAF profiles for all package maintaines (POC) - Was: Re: Feedback on your Whois system proposal

Quoting Olivier Berger (2013-02-15 16:24:33)
> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
> > In your personal foaf.ttl file you state that not you but your
> > Debian account is contributor to your packages.  That seems wrong to
> > me.
> >

> Well... that's the way I've implemented the RDF spit by the PTS, so
> far. For example (excerpt from
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/cdbs.ttl):
>
> <http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs#project>
>     doap:name "Debian cdbs packaging" ;
>     doap:description "Maintenance of the cdbs source package in Debian" ;
>     doap:homepage <http://packages.debian.org/src:cdbs> ;
>     doap:homepage <http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs> ;
>     schema:contributor [
>       a foaf:OnlineAccount ;
>       foaf:accountName "Jonas Smedegaard" ;
>       foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dr@jones.dk>
>     ] ;
>     a admssw:SoftwareProject .
>
> The OnlineAccount blank node being ready to be replaced by
> <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/js#account> any time soon.
>
> Thus I'm able to distinguish those you upload as dr@jones.dk from
> those as js@debian.org : 2 distinct OnlineAccount resources who may
> happen to belong (foaf:account) to the same Person
> <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/js>.

I understand that you want to distinguish the _path_ via which the agent
(me) is a schema:contributor, i.e. the account I use.

The issue I have with that is that in doing so you seem to express that
not me but my Debian account is the contributor.

It seems logically wrong to me to treat accounts as agents.  Even if I
do understand what you try to achieve by doing so.

Something like this seems logical to me (i.e. wrapping in holdsAccount):

<http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs#project>
    doap:name "Debian cdbs packaging" ;
    doap:description "Maintenance of the cdbs source package in Debian" ;
    doap:homepage <http://packages.debian.org/src:cdbs> ;
    doap:homepage <http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs> ;
    schema:contributor [
      a foaf:Agent ;
      holdsAccount [
        foaf:accountName "Jonas Smedegaard" ;
        foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dr@jones.dk>
      ] ;
    ] ;
    a admssw:SoftwareProject .

That expression only says that the person contributing to the project
has such account, not that it was through that account the contribution
was made - but I believe that is a shortcoming of the schema (and that
it is plain wrong to break logic to achieve it).

NB! Beware I am no expert on this: be sceptical, please!

 - Jonas