Re: Copyright assignement for Debian tools?

Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> writes:

> Thanks Brian. As a matter of fact, I discuss with Bradley (Conservancy's
> Executive Director) fairly regularly and I've in the past discussed with
> him the possibilities of benefiting of SF Conservancy services as Debian
> Project. The problem is that SF Conservancy, for various good reasons,
> adopt a more "exclusive" model than SPI. They generally do not welcome
> projects that have assets (of various kinds) scattered throughout
> different organizations, which is the case for Debian. This has been a
> blocker in the past.

Doesn't Debian as a whole also have nearly as many assets as all other
projects in the Software Freedom Conservancy put together?  It may not be
healthy for them to take on Debian, as we could fairly easily turn into
the tail that wags the dog.  I think they mostly deal with much smaller
projects than we are.