Re: LaMont Jones, WTH are you doing?

LaMont Jones dixit:

>mergechanges is responsible for the differences you're seeing:
[…]
>uploaded (again from the ubuntu system, but the bits are firmly cast on sid.)

OK, thanks for the explanation.

>least one of those buildds has bitten me with bad binaries in the past.

Hm. I think that’s no reason to try to work around them like this.
I know it can be difficult to track things like that down, but
still…

>The packages you're seeing are built on a sid amd64 box, the i386 binaries
>built in a sid schroot.

OK, that’s fair.

>I suppose I could just trust the i386 buildds to
>do the right thing and not screw up, and just upload amd64 binaries to go
>with the source.

That sounds like the best option in the long term. Do you remember
which buildd(s) had issues and on which platforms?

Considering that Debian wants to move to allow only buildd-built
binaries into the archive *anyway*, I think that should rather
get fixed, if it isn’t already.

bye,
//mirabilos
--