LaMont Jones, WTH are you doing?

Hi *,

please compare
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2013/02/msg00141.html
with, for example,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2013/02/msg00140.html
and tell me whether you’re seeing what I am seeing:

• As, apparently (he’s done it for bind9 and util-linux too) normal
  for LaMont, he’s
  ‣ uploading (hand-built¹) binaries for two architectures
  ‣ manipulating the .changes file (the order of files is the hint
    here: regular Debian uploads have .dsc and .diff.gz/.debian.tar.gz
    first, his don’t)
• In addition to that, this time,
  ‣ it’s got an Original-Maintainer field
  ‣ “Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>”
    … excuse me, what?

① hand-built packages are a good guess since #650534 showed that
  the package that was actually uploaded didn’t build on *any*
  platforms

… though, this time, it looks more like the upload was built on
an *buntu system and then uploaded to Debian, including binaries?

I’ve been seeing this on d-d-changes for a while now. Please explain,
otherwise I’m going to call for an binNMU (on every binary you uploaded)
before wheezy is released, since we obviously cannot trust these bina‐
ries and they’re not exactly leaf packages with < 100 users…

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
„nein: BerliOS und Sourceforge sind Plattformen für Projekte, github ist
eine Plattform für Einzelkämpfer“