Re: Google contacting (harassing?) new DDs

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 06:02:27PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Hello,
> it looks like as soon as one becomes DD, an email arrives from Google
> recruiters.
> I understand that some people may find it interesting, and some people
> find it annoying. My experience with just ignoring their email was that
> I was contacted again.

My personal experience is that if you talk with them, and tell them you
are not interested now but you maybe in $n years, then they stop
harrassing you for exactly $n years.  I.e. they are not spammers, they
pass the Turing test, but they can't read your mind, and if you don't
reply they obviously try to contact you again.

Enrico Tassi