Re: Please update the DSA delegation

Martin Zobel-Helas writes ("Re: Please update the DSA delegation"):
> On Wed Dec 04, 2013 at 17:45:22 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > 3) I was a bit surprised to see Martin's announcement that Hector
> > was now a member of DSA, and his request to update the DSA delegation.
>
> I don't understand that. Hector has been doing a good amount of work as
> part of the DSA team. After he has been a trainee for half a year, I
> spoke with the other members (yes, that was done privatly, i need to
> admit) if they also think that he should become a full member. I waited
> until I heared back from all other members.

Constitutionally speaking, appointments are made by the DPL unless the
decision on appointments has itself been delegated.  So you should
have involved the DPL in these discussions (whether they were private
or not).  I would have hoped that the DPL would have provided a useful
contribution to the discussion and that there wouldn't have had to be
any kind of argument.

Ian.