Re: Should mailing list bans be published?

Le Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 10:46:41AM -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :

> What do the rest of you think?

Given how arbitrarly other bans have been proposed, I think that the outcome
should stay private unless the banned person wishes so.  This will also reduce
the pressure on the listmasters, by reducing the consequences of giving unequal
treatments to people.  Why not making the list readable on a machine open to
the Debian Developers only ?

In parallel, I think that we need some technical or social pressure for
limiting to 1 or 2 messages a day each individual contribution to long threads.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan