Re: Help bringing bugs.debian.org / debbugs back on track

Hi Steve,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 08:51:15PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:

>Thanks for bringing this up, our ITS definitely needs love. I
>investigated the ITS team in 2010 and found it was already broken
>(although one member disagreed with that assessment, qualifying the
>team's status as "fine"). The most urgent issue must be fixing the
>administration of bugs.debian.org, but development should also be a
>priority.

To set the record straight for anybody fortunate enough to not have
any background here: Filipus / Philippe / chealer (to pick some of his
names) has been a thorn in the side of the BTS admins for several
years. My own experience from talking with him and the BTS folks is
that he's very difficult to deal with.

If expressing a bad opinion of a contributor to debian-project constitutes a constructive contribution, I imagine it would also be a constructive contribution to let that contributor know when you develop that bad opinion. Or do even better, and tell the contributor why you hold such an opinion.

His "broken" comment above
undoubtedly refers to his experiences when he was banned from using a
lot of the BTS features for abuse.

The "broken" comment above refers to an investigation of the ITS team which started in 2007, and which leader@debian.org was made aware of.

As such, if there is anybody whose opinions should be ignored more
about how our bug tracker should be run and developed, I would
struggle to identify such a person.

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for writing this. I'm happy to see that you regained interest in our ITS. Would it be reasonable to expect that you will find enough time to answer the mail below, given that you found the time needed for writing an ad hominem attack^W^W^Wunbiased and perfectly neutral informative warning on the topic?