Re: Help bringing bugs.debian.org / debbugs back on track (Re: bits from the DPL -- September 2013)

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 08:51:15PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:

>Thanks for bringing this up, our ITS definitely needs love. I
>investigated the ITS team in 2010 and found it was already broken
>(although one member disagreed with that assessment, qualifying the
>team's status as "fine"). The most urgent issue must be fixing the
>administration of bugs.debian.org, but development should also be a
>priority.

To set the record straight for anybody fortunate enough to not have
any background here: Filipus / Philippe / chealer (to pick some of his
names) has been a thorn in the side of the BTS admins for several
years. My own experience from talking with him and the BTS folks is
that he's very difficult to deal with. His "broken" comment above
undoubtedly refers to his experiences when he was banned from using a
lot of the BTS features for abuse.

As such, if there is anybody whose opinions should be ignored more
about how our bug tracker should be run and developed, I would
struggle to identify such a person.

Thank you for reading.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra