Re: Doing something about "should remain private forever" emails

Hi,

On 19 June 2013 00:41, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> Mohammed Adnène Trojette dijo [Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:02:39AM +0200]:
>> [I don't read d-projet]

CC'ing you, but dropping -private.

>> The spirit of the GR was to open more (even before OpenData became
>> trendy, cf. today's G8's declaration). I fear that your proposal will
>> ease the opposite.
>
> Right. and let me think a bit further: I think that, given the GR,
> your proposal goes directly against it (further closing down access to
> something that should be open, although nobody has taken any steps to
> make it so).

My proposal doesn't change anything in that regard. It is only a way
to achieve what people have been requesting for years when posting to
-private.

Many people already say that their posts should remain private every
single time they post to -private. A quick search with some keywords
indicate that there are about 15 threads that should remain private
every year, without counting VAC messages.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net