Re: PaySwarm-based Debian donations

On 06/16/2013 06:26 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> OTOH, I think it would be fine to have something at the package level
> to pass on donations to our upstreams, as well as to ease donating to
> the Debian project as a whole. See [1,2], already mentioned by Paul
> Wise in his initial followup to this thread.

Ok, so what if this system does not allow Debian package maintainers to
specify where the money should go at all? There are only two options:

1. The upstream author includes a file called DONATE that specifies
where donations should go.
2. If that file isn't specified, the money goes to the Debian Project.

This way, none of the concerns about Debian package maintainers being
influenced by money comes into the picture.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
http://blog.meritora.com/launch/