Re: Can we change our position on CC BY 2.0 and 2.5 ?

* Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>, 2013-01-26, 22:35:
there have been discussions on debian-legal about the CC versions and their issues. AFAIK you can always upgrade the version of the CC license. Upgrading the license through debian/copyright should work if you cannot convince the upstream developers.
I do not find any provision in the CC licenses allowing for upgrade without the consent of the copyright holder.

I believe Torsten was referring to §4b of CC-BY-SA-2.x:

You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform a Derivative Work only under the terms of this License, a later version of this License with the same License Elements as this License, or a Creative Commons iCommons license that contains the same License Elements as this License (e.g. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Japan).

AFAICS there are no analogous clauses in CC-BY-2.x, though.

--
Jakub Wilk