Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-discuss-discuss-discuss-and-keep-discussing] ...

On 12/04/2012 10:36 PM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mardi 04 décembre 2012 à 13:38 -0600, Gunnar Wolf a écrit :
>> People, (most of) the Swiss team is pissed with the lack of trust and
>> lack of respect we have been showing for months already, and that now
>> some very vocal outsiders (i.e. Debian people who are not involved in
>> this year's DebConf organization) are showing.
>
> Is the “outsiders” word also meaning to describe people who were asked
> for sponsorship and discovered later that the brochure they were sent
> had almost nothing to do with what’s actually going on?

For a lot of people, your writing seems out of context.
The sponsorship brochure is linked in:
http://debconf13.debconf.org/helpus.xhtml

If other people find that it *had almost nothing to do* with DebConf,
please tell us.

BTW: someone noticed me that I did a single-list-reply on my answer to
your previous mail. Here my reply:
<http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20121204.130912.539d5f32.en.html>.

Personally I see many of your *attacks* are not founded. Possibly
DebConf13 is not a DebConf for you (anyway we have a fantastic Video
Team), but we need such kind of DebConf every few years, which fits
better other DDs. It seems that you are entering in the Linus mode.

If people doesn't like next DebConf, it suffices to tell the world that
you don't like it (and the reasons), not to construct artificial critics.

And at the end the DebConf is done by DDs, so generic critics to DebConf
will cause less bids for next DebConfs so less choice. We win the bid
for only *one vote* (IIRC) and a lot of discussion, again *only one*
other candidate. I fear that the discussion of last days could force to
give up teams for next DebConf (which is IMO again /classic/ DebConf).
What was the last non-govern-sponsored DebConf without financial
troubles? DC7? So people: don't make a difficult job impossible

*Help us: sponsoring DebConf13 and biding for DebConf in 2014 and 2015*

ciao
	cate

PS: Josselin: at the beginning of the mail I referred to you, but then
it was more generic. Don't take it too personal.