Re: mjg59's blog on planet.d.o

On 2012-10-30 10:44, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
I'd volunteer to go
through all feed URLs and add missing tags/categories but I'm afraid the "I like to read about personal life of people related to FOO" lobby is
too loud.

This actually seems backwards to me. Blog posts are not a good way to discuss serious issues relating to Debian, which are much better dealt with on mailing lists, where tracking a thread and replying to it works much better. It is rather hard to follow discussions when they are spread over several people's blogs and in comments to the ones which allow them, and extremely time-consuming to attempt to reconstruct the thread of discussion a few weeks or months later, even if all the posts happen to be still online. And of course you can never be sure if discussion has progressed further on a blog which you don't read yourself; when a single blog appears on multiple Planets it's quite common to see fragments of a discussion appear on it.

So I would suggest instead that material "unrelated to Debian", but from people within the broad community, is actually by far the best use for Planet Debian, and that the more relevant posts are to Debian, the less appropriate they are for Planet.

--
Moray