Re: mjg59's blog on planet.d.o

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:19:12AM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> AFAIK Matthew Garrett hasn't been "active and directly involved
> participant in the Debian development community" for years. What is
> the reason for keeping his blog on planet.d.o?

Matthew has been blogging frequently over the several past years,
and aggregated on Planet Debian.  He has, for example, written a lot
about UEFI and Secure Boot, and the different ways in which Linux and
distributions can handle them. You said nothing then.

Now, when he blogs about what Ted Ts'o has said about rape, you react.
This sounds an awful lot like you want to remove Matthew from Planet
Debian because of his opinions on that issue.

It is true that Matthew does not necessarily fill the criteria for being
on Planet Debian, in the strictest interpretation. However, if we remove
him right now, it sends a very clear signal that this is a forbidden issue
in Debian, and, as a result, that women's rights aren't welcome anymore.

I don't find that acceptable. I would find it extremely unfortunate if
we removed Matthew from Planet Debian right now.

--
I wrote a book on personal productivity: http://gtdfh.branchable.com/