Re: New Debian kilts

Wolodja Wentland <debian@babilen5.org> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 17:00 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm. I'd have thought they have some cloth still in stock, based on
>> what they've said in the last year. I'd double-check that with them
>> and Phil, maybe...
>
> Oh, please do. They wanted to clarify that but weren't actually sure. It might
> also be that they wanted to check with Phil before selling it to
> Some-Random-Guy™. I would happily buy it if there is still some left.

I have told them repeatedly that we're completely happy for random
people to buy it, but it seems they struggle with the idea -- which is a
bit of a shame as the more the merrier as far as we're concerned.

Hopefully continued demand will eventually convince them to keep stock
without requiring up-front funding of the start-up costs of each batch.

Anyway, last I heard they had stock (we ordered 80 yards, but for
reasons known only to the weavers they wove 160 yards.  I was under the
impression that there was still quite a lot of the extra left over).

I'll ask them what the current situation is, if that helps.

Cheers, Phil.