Re: New Debian kilts

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 18:29 +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Wolodja Wentland <debian@babilen5.org> writes:
> > I am considering to organise a group purchase of Debian kilts and wanted to
> > ask if other people are interested in one. You can find information about the
> > kilts on [0] and I spoke to the tailor/weaver [1] today who is happy to
> > produce yet another round.
>
> Do you have an estimate of the cost ?

Well, not exactly as it depends on how many people are ordering. As detailed
on [0] they charge a "setup fee" if you want them to weave a tartan that is
not in stock. The wiki lists setup costs of £300, but I am not sure how
accurate that is. Their prices for kilts made from standard (i.e. in-stock)
tartan are listed on [1] and I would assume that they can make a reasonable
offer for kilts made from Debian tartan. It looks as if Hands.com paid for the
weaving, design and registration of the tartan the last time.

Unfortunately they didn't produce enough cloth and we would therefore have to
pay for the weaving as well. I went to their store and asked and they quoted
additional costs of £700 for a *single* made-to-order kilt. To be honest I am
not entirely sure how much its going to be and I wanted to check if other
people are interested.

In short: The more we are the better ;)

[0] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf7/Tartan#Future_Orders
[1] http://www.geoffreykilts.co.uk/gentskilts.html
--
Wolodja <debian@babilen5.org>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC