Re: New Debian kilts

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 18:29 +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> > Wolodja Wentland <debian@babilen5.org> writes:
> > > I am considering to organise a group purchase of Debian kilts and wanted to
> > > ask if other people are interested in one. You can find information about the
> > > kilts on [0] and I spoke to the tailor/weaver [1] today who is happy to
> > > produce yet another round.
> >
> > Do you have an estimate of the cost ?
>
> Well, not exactly as it depends on how many people are ordering. As detailed
> on [0] they charge a "setup fee" if you want them to weave a tartan that is
> not in stock. The wiki lists setup costs of £300, but I am not sure how
> accurate that is. Their prices for kilts made from standard (i.e. in-stock)
> tartan are listed on [1] and I would assume that they can make a reasonable
> offer for kilts made from Debian tartan. It looks as if Hands.com paid for the
> weaving, design and registration of the tartan the last time.
>
> Unfortunately they didn't produce enough cloth and we would therefore have to
> pay for the weaving as well. I went to their store and asked and they quoted
> additional costs of £700 for a *single* made-to-order kilt. To be honest I am
> not entirely sure how much its going to be and I wanted to check if other
> people are interested.
>
> In short: The more we are the better ;)

So, I'd be unlikely to wear a kilt (well, ok, not seriosuly or enough to
buy a nice one), but I would be extremely likely to wear a scarf.

Do we get the material (or scraps or something)? I'd be super interested
in ordering some material to make a scarf or something, if it'd help
bring down the cost a bit.