Re: Feedback on your Whois system proposal - Was: Re: Review of personal information sources in Debian

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Recklessly exposing too much information outside the context in which it
> was published can in some cases turn people away from contributing. If
> ohloh were actually being taken seriously by people in my professional
> circle, I would probably have to consider going through the extra
> trouble of not using my real identity while contributing to Free
> Software. We do not want that.

Couldn't most of these problems be solved by making the system opt-in
(i.e. requiring the user to do some manual configuration under his
alioth home with the ability to enable only the appropriate bits that
he/she wants)?

Best wishes,
Mike