Re: Presentation of iso downloads - simpler like Fedora?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On ven., 2012-08-10 at 14:01 +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> > some binary software forced me into downloading a RedHat flavour, so I
> > went for Fedora. I found it very easy to get an ISO. I mean - very very
> > very easy. My suggestion is to copy that for our now pending release or
> > to make it even easier - not that I would know how to do that. They even
> > auto-picked a good mirror for me.
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org
> >
> What about the direct link on top right of http://www.debian.org ?

Whatever the reason, a lot of people seems to miss that "Download" box.
I mean it.

The fact that we do not use the "Linux" word in the front page is ALSO
not helping at all.  Linux is understood as "something that replaces
Windows" so people at least grok that it "makes the computer work",
while "operating system" is "some sort of computer program".

  Henrique Holschuh