Re: Claiming the "debian" account on GitHub ? [and 1 more messages]

Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
> If anything it may be nice to mirror some "important" Debian software (say
> dpkg, debhelper, lintian, ...) on GitHub like the Apache Foundation does [0]
> (also see [1]).
>
> AFAIK those mirrors are completely automated and would allow GitHub users to
> follow the development of a few interesting Debian projects.

In my experience this leads to a raft of badly formed pull requests that
I cannot triage while offline (see Linus's rant about no diffs) and that
I have to pull up a bloated web app over https over a modem to look at;
as well as random forks, none of which are communicated to me, and
within some of which there might be value, but hunting it out is
unlikely to be a good use of my time; as well as a crappy BTS (that can
at least be disabled). This is occasionally worth the exposure of some
software I am developing, but it would certianly not be worth it for
debhelper.

--
see shy jo