Re: Claiming the "debian" account on GitHub ?

Le Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:11:54AM +1000, Ben Finney a écrit :

> So this is a case where good taste and forthright advocacy are in
> conflict. I think Stefano is correct that good taste is the lesser
> concern here, and that having the README refer directly to free services
> for the job is the right thing to do.

Hi Ben and everybody,

I have not seen such statements on the Twitter and Facebook "Debian" accounts,
nor on the default page of Iceweasel (where Google is the default search
engine), nor in the package description of libbusiness-paypal-api-perl, etc.  I
could not find the source code of clickandpledge, which is used to collect
donations for Debconf.

Are there examples where this policy of frontal advocacy is applied ?  I do not
want to be the only one to have a behaviour that I perceive as hostile to the
host.

What I would prefer to do, for instance, would be to point at Debian accounts
holding similar mirrors on other providers.  Are there such accounts somewhere ?

Cheers,

--
Charles