Re: Planned changes to Debian Maintainer uploads

]] Stefano Zacchiroli

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 04:48:17PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > That seems like a good idea, if we're in agreement that the point of
> > DM is to be a bridge status whilst someone works through NM.  I think
> > that was the intention and presume it still is.
>
> I disagree that it is always the case. It might be a popular option (due
> to the fact that we highly encourage NMs to go through DM first). BUt
> there are many cases, at least according to my anecdotal evidence, of
> people who are more than happy remaining DM. I don't think we should
> make their life more miserable by ensuring they have to periodically
> re-ask for the permission to upload.

Then make it contigent on the person having made an upload in the last
three months or something sensible.  Also, I don't think asking a DM to
be reapproved yearly or every other year would be that onerous.

(It's also the direction we're moving in for shell accounts on d.o as
you know; people who don't use them will have to go through changes@db
to reactivate their shell access.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen