Re: General Resolution: Diversity statement results

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 03:24:37PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> The voters' preferences are a bit annoying to grep for etc. because
> they aren't normalised.  So I wrote the script below, just now.
>
> If someone would like to include it in some package with a suitable
> name, and perhaps give it a manpage, please do so.  Alternatively feel
> free to just take it of course.

Rather than having a separate utility to do so packaged, I'd rather
prefer to have devotee output normalized tally sheets. Doing so seems
compatible with the transparency principle of Debian public votes. The
existence of "obscured" votes due to the lack of normalization seems to
be nothing more than a bug in how we present results.

Did you consider turning your script into a devotee patch? devotee is
written in Perl too, so it's potentially not to hard to just plug your
script in as a patch.

Thanks for your script (and for considering the patch idea)!
Cheers.